THE END TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The End website (THE END) is operated and controlled by or on behalf of Channel Four Television Corporation ("Channel 4", "we", and "us" and "our").
Because THE END uses the Facebook Connect platform, if you interact with THE END through the Facebook Connect option then Facebook's terms and conditions, guidelines and privacy policies also apply to your use of THE END. If there is a conflict between The End Terms and Conditions and Facebook's terms and conditions, guidelines and privacy policies then as between you and us, The End Terms and Conditions will prevail.
Please note that we reserve the right to change The End Terms and Conditions at any time for any reason. Updates to The End Terms and Conditions will be posted on this site (and or at the links above) so please ensure you regularly check The End Terms and Conditions as by continuing to use THE END you will be deemed to have accepted The End Terms and Conditions as updated.
Specific THE END rules:
- THE END is aimed at young people aged 14 to 19, however, if you are under the age of 16 you must obtain your parent or guardian's consent to use and interact with THE END.
- You will be asked to select a username for your avatar on THE END. You MUST not use your real name or a name that identifies you, or any other name which contains a swearword or that is offensive or abusive.
- You can save your game progress (for transfer to another computer) at THE END by connecting with Facebook Connect, by entering your email address to generate a unique save code, or you can simply play THE END and your progress will be saved automatically but you will not be able to transfer your game to a different computer. To be sure that you will not lose your game data you should connect with Facebook or create a save code. If you lose your game data you will have to start a new game at the beginning.
- You are only permitted to use THE END for your own personal and non-commercial purposes and not for any other purpose.
- We will use tracking code (such as cookies) to:
- track your use of THE END during your session to enable the game to work i.e. to keep track of what you’ve done so far etc.
- gather analytical data and statistics about how THE END is being used e.g. so we can work out how many users have visited THE END and the general location of those users, how many times an individual game has been played or video has been watched, how many people have completed various tasks and things like that;
You promise to us that you will not access anyone else’s account on THE END or any other part of THE END save for your own account and you will not send any computer viruses or other harmful code or otherwise interrupt or attempt to interrupt or access THE END. You understand that if you hack into or interfere with THE END or any connected software or databases you may be breaking the law.
For the avoidance of doubt, THE END (including all content on THE END) shall remain at all times our property and/or the property of our licensors and protected by copyright law and other intellectual property laws throughout the world. All rights are reserved in THE END (and all content contained in the same) by us and our licensors, including the right to protect our rights in the event of any violation of our rights.
You are permitted to visit and use THE END solely for your own personal non-commercial use.
Any copying, reproduction or any other form of distribution of THE END (or any content within THE END) other than in accordance with THE END Terms and Conditions or THE END functionality, by you or any third party is prohibited and will constitute a copyright infringement.
Please note that we may discontinue THE END at any time for any reason. THE END is provided “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” and we don’t give any promises, whether express or implied, to you. We also limit our liability to you. Please see Section 14 of the Channel 4 Online Services – User Terms and Conditions for further information on how Channel 4 limits its liability.
The End Terms and Conditions (and any matter or dispute of whatever nature connected to these) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and the English Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
Channel 4 is located at 124 Horseferry Road, London, United Kingdom, SW1P 2TX and you can contact Channel 4 about these terms at http://www.channel4.com/4viewers/contact-us.
More information about cookies can be found here: www.aboutcookies.org. As well as providing you with more general information about cookies, this site tells you how to amend your cookie settings on a number of different browsers.
THE END uses the following cookies:
||A default cookie created by Rails which allows the application to retain information between HTTP requests (which are stateless by nature).
||A Flash Local Shared Object (“Flash Cookie”) which stores data related to a player’s game.
|Various Facebook Cookies
||These are placed by Facebook because THE END uses Facebook Connect. Please see Facebook for further details.
Last updated 24 October 2011
Back to The End